Are you a film buff? Do you enjoy sharing your love of movies with others? Do you dream to go to the Venice Film Festival? Be part of this year’s 27 Times Cinema!
Launched jointly in 2010 by the European Parliament’s LUX Audience Award, Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema will welcome 27 filmgoers who will represent a film theatre of the Europa Cinemas network as well as one of the 27 member states of the European Union.
27 Times Cinema will take place during the Giornate degli Autori (1 – 11 September 2021) at the Venice Fim Festival. This great initiative will make the dream of 27 young European moviegoers to attend the Venice Film Festival come true! The 27 youngsters will constitute the Giornate degli Autori Jury and will award a prize to the best film of this year’s selection. Moreover, as of this autumn, they will be actively involved in promoting the LUX Audience Award, launched in 2020 by the European Parliament and the European Film Academy, in partnership with the European Commission (Creative Europe) and Europa Cinemas.
The IFI will choose three applicants to submit to the 27 Times Cinema Selection Committee.
Who can participate?
How to apply?
1. Take a video selfie in which you explain “what is cinema” for you. You should start the video saying “Cinema for me is…” and then develop your argument.
This video will help judges to see how the candidate expresses himself/herself/theirself in English and his/her/their ability to “talk” about cinema. High quality and creativity are required! Please see Europa Cinemas’ Vimeo channel for examples of previous entries.
– Videos have to be shot in English
– In high resolution (Full HD: 1920×1080 px) and with excellent audio
– Duration: 30 seconds
– The following information should be visible on the video: name and country of origin
– The video should be sent to IFI via WeTransfer
2. Fill out the online application form. All questions must be answered in English. Incomplete forms cannot be taken into account.
3. Send the application form & video to Alicia McGivern, IFI Head of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm, May 17th, 2021.
What happens if you’re the lucky one?
You win a flight ticket to Venice and get free accommodation in the Lido where the festival takes place. You’ll be offered a free festival accreditation (giving also priority access to the Giornate degli Autori screenings).
IMPORTANT. You should commit yourself to:
If an Ambassador is chosen from IFI submissions, the selected Ambassador will commit to:
The European Parliament will cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days), while Europa Cinemas will take care of their daily allowance and Giornate will be in charge of the organisation and the festival accreditation.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Giornate degli Autori and Europa Cinemas, 27 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
Find further information about this initiative here.
The IFI is supported by The Arts Council