Ticketholders to the 20.30 screening on Thursday 18th will receive a special 40th anniversary gift pack.
Are you a Brian? You can get two free tickets to the screening on Monday April 22nd at 18.30 just by proving your Brian-ness! Details and conditions below.
After the broadcast of their fourth and final television series, the Monty Python team released their first original film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975), regularly voted one of the funniest comedies ever made. After a brief hiatus, the outfit returned and outdid themselves with Life Of Brian, which saw the group shift focus from Arthurian legend to the New Testament.
Notoriously banned in Ireland on its initial release, the film follows its luckless hero (Graham Chapman taking the lead), born in the stable next door to Jesus, as he falls in with the People’s Front of Judea’s fight against the Romans, and eventually comes to be mistaken for the Messiah. Hilariously irreverent, satirical, surreal, endlessly quotable, and ending it all with a jaunty tune, it’s arguably the most enduring of the team’s output.
Competition terms and conditions:
– The offer is only valid in person from the IFI Box Office, while tickets remain available
– Each Brian (or Bryan or Brianna) must present valid photo ID (passport, driving licence, Garda ID card) in order to claim their tickets
– Tickets cannot be claimed by non-Brians on behalf of Brians (or Bryans or Briannas) – nice try, non-Brians!
– Each Brian (or Bryan or Brianna) can only claim two tickets for the duration of the promo
– The offer is valid for the screening on Monday 22nd only
– Tickets cannot be exchanged for any other film or screening and are strictly non-transferable