IFI STRATEGY 2017-2022
Launch statements from Ross Keane, IFI Director & CEO, and Margaret Kelleher, IFI Chairperson – just click on the images to enlarge the documents.
The full strategy is available to download here here: IFI STRATEGY 2017-2022
IFI ACTION POINTS 2017-2018
Stemming from the Strategic Objectives outlined in the IFI Strategy 2017 – 2022, IFI is committing to deliver upon the following action points over the next 12 months:
1. Develop a capital expenditure plan for the next five years.
2. Fully refurbish cinemas 1 & 2 at the IFI’s main premises in Temple Bar.
3. Build and open new climate-controlled vaults for the IFI Irish Film Archive at Maynooth University.
4. Implement improvements and enhancements to the IFI centre including a new atrium roof.
5. Run a pilot programme of film clubs for young people for out-of-school engagement with the artform.
6. Submit the application for accreditation under the Museum Standards Programme of Ireland.
7. Launch a suite of apps to increase accessibility to the IFI Player on smartphones and TVs.
8. Ensure a minimum of 20% of titles within the programme are Irish.
9. Develop a People Plan to support the IFI team.
10 .Use traditional, unique and accessible formats within the exhibition programme where possible.
Message from President Michael D. Higgins
As Honorary Patron of the Irish Film Institute I welcome this important new strategy. The IFI has created a rich cultural space in Ireland; one which allows members and visitors to experience and explore the many different elements that make up the multi-faceted art form that is film making. This innovative and creative strategy will build on that important work, helping to ensure that the arts continue to be relevant and central in our ever-changing and evolving society.
Michael D. Higgins
Uachtarán na hÉireann
President of Ireland
Honorary Patron, Irish Film Institute
Our previous three-year is available to download here: IFI STRATEGY 2013-2016
Horrorthon 2020: RED SCREENING
On IFI@Home from 21.00
Horrorthon 2020: UNCLE PECKERHEAD
On IFI@Home from 18.30
The IFI is supported by The Arts Council